I made my Mama a cushion for Mothers Day. She loves stars and bright colours so I dipped into my bag of tricks and went with a warm/cool theme. The soft, pretty look came about more or less by accident but I really like it. And she does too. I used this template . The block finished a bit small for my cushion so I just added a border. I really should think about these things before hitting print and cutting up all my fabric.
Skill Builder Sampler QAL. I am up to date and still going strong. There are just 4 blocks to go and it should finish in 5 weeks. We (hubby, bubby and I) are headed for the UK on Wednesday for a whole month of holidaying and visiting with family (hubby's, not mine, I am a dinky di Aussie). I will have plenty to catch up when we get back as well as all the washing and cleaning. My Mum has been quilting along, I send her the tutorials each week and she's almost up to date too. I hope to be able to post her blocks and a finished quilt along with mine.
Wiksten Tova pattern and some fabric to make a couple up.
I must admit to being a little stumped about the pivot and sew method for getting the inset in. I really struggled and sewed the inset to all sorts of wrong bits, not to mention just plain old catching extra fabric in the seam. In the end I did three separate, careful, seams and it sits perfectly.
whole collection just so I can have it folded and I can touch it occasionally.
The dress/shirt takes me about three and half hours from start to finish. With a toddler that translates into pretty much all day, and some of the night too.
On quilting news, I have hit a snag. I made up a quilt using the shirtings from a previous post, just a plain old patchwork squares. I decided to machine quilt it and be done with it in a day or two.It was the first time I have attempted to machine quilt anything bigger than a cushion cover with my new-old Janome (which is a special quilting machine, by the way). It was going quite well until I got about a third of the way through then the tension went haywire, the thread kept breaking and the stitches were miniscule and ugly. I have given up and will hand quilt it AND unpick all the machine quilting I have done. I really need to practice my machine quilting and get to know my machine a bit better. I feel like I've been posting a lot of mistakes recently. Honest. And hopeless.