Sunday, January 8, 2012

A crafty Christmas

Now. Because I am so behind in my blogging this will be short and sweet.

Pillow I made for my Mama for Christmas with Amy Butler Daisy Chain scraps. She loved the quilt I made (coming up next) so here it is in all its grainy glory on my bed with aforementioned quilt. She loved it!



Noodlehead's 'Go Anywhere' bag. My husband calls it the Go Everywhere bag. The one on the left with the chambray/denim type fabric I made for myself. The buff cotton drill one I made for my baby sister. The print is another Amy Butler - just can't get enough! The linings are a pink chambray I had lying around, I seem to inherit off cuts and scraps! The weight of these bags are really nice and they are still soft. I am yet to use linings or interfacing for one of these bags.

Itty bitty squares pillow for my middle sister (recipient of 'Bloody Dresden' quilt). This is made from 2.5" scraps from the yet-to-be-blogged 'Bright Quilt'. All Heather Bailey PopGarden and Bijoux. Love these colours.

And although not technically a Christmas present, it was finished and gifted at Christmas time. This is a play mat/quilt I made for my brand new niece born in November. I helped my sis to make some cushions for the babies room before she arrived, leaving me with some rather large offcuts and a great starting point for pallette and style.


I stayed with greens and creams and because now we know she's a girl I threw in some cutesy pinks too. I hand quilted it in concentric circles which took a little longer than I had imagined. The end result is so worth it!

The back was made from my sisters off cuts. There is a matching ball, alas no photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment