Monday, January 23, 2012

Uh oh! I started something else...

I have been thinking about white polka dots on black since seeing this quilt . Mary from Molly Flanders provides endless inspiration for me. I love her style, the colours she uses and all the traditional techniques she employs to come up with fun quilts.

Anyhoo, as I was saying. Black and white polka dots. It's a dress fabric I purchased at Spotlight just 'cos. Then I was thinking...I love the look of all the bright colours set on the black, with some flashes of white. I got the coloured pencils out and did some doodling....

...and then some snipping, 2" strips of my 'bright materials', and...


...some newspaper template production based on this tutorial...


..to make this little beauty! Needless to say I am thrilled with how it came out and will chip away at these blocks until I have enough (how many is enough?).

The thought of not having a quilt to handstitch in the woods gives me the heebie jeebies. I feel panicked as I near the end of quilting if I don't have something more or less ready to go. Is there a name for this? Quilt anxiety????


I finished hand quilting this 20" x 20" cushion cover. It is #1 of a pair I have been asked to make for my sisters friend after seeing the Christmas craftiNess. As per above, I have been somewhat distracted but am committed to finishing the second patchwork top for basting and stitching today.


Squares for #2 cut and sorted neatly. This is not indicative of my usual style at all. I am a super messy crafter.


The Skill Builder Sampler goes on. This is block 24, the curved 9 patch with a border. I didn't have any problems with this block and am pretty happy with the outcome. I even quite like the colour combo, pinks and greens. I think we have a week 'off' the SBS this week, then we will be away for a few weeks so I'll have plenty to catch up when we get back from our little trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment