Thursday, August 4, 2011

Busy bee me

I think nature thinks that Spring has sprung! The frog is back in the pond. Flowers are blooming. Oh, and there are some mozzies about too. I am sure there will be a cold snap before things warm up in earnest but it has been truly beautiful this last week.

On to some quilty business.
I finished the binding and label on the quilt I made to honour my little boys first birthday. It's not for him but for the Royal North Shore Hospital NICU where he spent the first 100 days of his life (that's a story for another time). I have called it the 'Happy Quilt' because it's so ridiculously and happily bright and cheerful. I hope it brightens someones day. The NICU can choose what best to do with it.


Down on the wharf this morning. What a day, eh?
I feel a bit shy about donating this little token. I have never done anything like this before but I hope it is well received by the staff and by the final recipient. I know I had many dark days in the NICU before we were able to bring our little guy home and the quilt he was given while there is very special to me now. I would just like to do that for someone else. I have a germ of an idea that I plan to run past the fundraising folks at the hospital and see if a full bed sized quilt could be used as a raffle type gift in the future.

The back and label.

I was desperate to make sure this was done and ready for his birthday next week and feel a huge sense of relief that it is even though it's such a little project.

I fear there might be a go-slow on quilty business as I really need to get the ginormous secret project done and dusted. Or perhaps I could just start a small project...just cut a bit of fabric...do some sums...maybe sew a few bits together...hmmm. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment