Thursday, April 5, 2012

Quilting wonkily along

Blocks 26 and 27 in the Skill Builder Sampler quilt along continued in the wonky fashion. The first was a wonky star. I made a whole quilt worth of these way back..last year. It even used the same Silly Boodilly tutorial that I had used.


Even after the break in the SBS it was nice to have a familiar and relatively simple block to piece.


Block #27 - wonky or liberated fan block. Now, this was fun! No templates, no intricate piecing, no curves (unless you count ironing a curve under). I really liked this block.

This month is irregular shapes like tumblers and hexagons etc. Looking forward to a new challenge. I will get a pic of all my blocks together soon, I am loving this quilt. Big and bright and fresh. Only 9 blocks to go. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment